Are you a student? Are you planning on moving out for the first time? Here at Wharton Rentals, we know that moving into a new place can be a daunting task. It usually takes a few days to completely move in, so if you plan to stay in your new place before you have all of your possessions moved in, there is a list of items that you should have. If you want to have a successful first night in your new home or apartment, be sure to include and have easy access to the items listed below.
First Night Move-In Essentials
- Don’t forget to pack bed sheets and a pillow so you can have a comfortable, full-night’s sleep after a long day of moving.
- Pack chargers for all of your electronics that you need to use the next day.
- If you don’t have an alarm clock app on your phone, pack a portable alarm clock to make sure you’re not late for work the next morning.
- Include essential toiletries such as shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, and toilet paper.
- Remember to pack a shower curtain so you can wash off all of the dirt and sweat that results from the moving process.
- Bring food that is easy to prepare and all of the items needed to make it.
- You will need dishes and utensils to serve your easy-to-make food. Pack enough for yourself, the other person or people living with you, and the people who helped you move in.
- Include snacks and water bottles.
- Pack a nice pair of scissors to open sealed boxes.
- You will probably come up with a long to-do list after your first day, so be sure to include a pad of paper and a pen or pencil.
- If you need a caffeine boost in the morning, bring tea bags or instant coffee.
- Make sure to pack any medications that you need.
- When you are moving heavy items, you are bound to accumulate a few scratches. Pack a first aid kit that includes Band-Aids, ibuprofen, antiseptic wipes, and an Ace bandage.
- Include a basic tool kit and duct tape in case you need to make any minor repairs.
Before you move into your Ohio University rental, or any form of university rentals, be sure that you have all of these items. Being prepared will give you a nice sense of security and help your first night go as smoothly as possible.